Introducing, the new Ruger AR-556® Multi-Purpose Rifle (“MPR”) featuring an 18″ nitrided alloy barrel with rifle-length gas system, Ruger’s 15″ free-float handguard compatible with M-LOK® accessories, the Ruger® Elite 452™ AR-Trigger, and ergonomic Magpul® furniture. The perfect rifle for a variety of uses, the AR-556® MPR is capable and versatile.
Ruger’s talented team of engineers worked carefully to develop the ideal custom package for the AR-556 platform that does it all, right out of the box. From plinking to competition shooting, the MPR is the perfect rifle for just about anything.
The MPR’s cold-hammer forged 18″ alloy barrel with 5R rifling is salt bath nitrided for corrosion resistance and durability. The barrel is contoured to minimize weight without sacrificing rigidity, leaving a 0.75″ journal for the low-profile gas block. The soft-shooting, rifle-length gas system paired with a Ruger® muzzle brake provides smoother operation and softens recoil to keep every shot on target.
Ruger’s 15″ free-float handguard is light, stiff and versatile, with Magpul M-LOK accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions. Additional slots on the angled surfaces near the muzzle are perfect for mounting a light, laser or QD sling cup. Compared to a typical quad-rail forend, the 1.50″ diameter handguard makes the MPR’s forend slim and controllable. M-LOK-compatible Picatinny rail sections can be easily added. The integral Picatinny rail at the 12:00 position is tightly controlled to the most current STANAG 4649 specification.
The crisp 4.5 pound trigger pull of the Elite 452 two-stage trigger is a great addition to the MPR. The lower receiver is fitted with Magpul’s MOE® grip and Mil-Spec MOE SL™ buttstock, making the rifle easy to handle, shoulder and shoot. The Mil-Spec compatible lower and upper receivers are CNC-machined from forgings and hard coat anodized. The MPR comes complete with dust cover, brass deflector and forward assist.
– Lower receiver is fitted with Magpul® MOE® grip and MOE SL® collapsible buttstock on a Mil-Spec buffer tube.
– Handguard is free-floated for accuracy and the slim, 15″ length provides enhanced ergonomics.
– Bolt is mil-spec 9310 and is machined and shot peened for strength and durability.
– The Ruger® Elite 452® AR-Trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 pound trigger pull.
– Magpul® M-LOK® accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions with additional slots on the angled faces near the muzzle.
– Ruger® muzzle brake is a radial port design that significantly reduces felt recoil and muzzle movement.
– Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with ultra-precise rifling and 1:8″ twist rate provides exceptional accuracy and longevity.
– M4 feed ramps provide improved reliability, and the matte black nitrided finish provides corrosion resistance.
– Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging and is Type III hard-coat anodized for maximum durability.
– Bolt carrier and gas key have chrome-plated inside diameters to provide exceptional resistance to hot gases.
– Rifle-length gas system provides smoother operation and reduces felt recoil.
– Includes: 1 – 30 round Magpul® PMAG®