- A true Small-Frame Autoloading Rifle, the SFAR™ is nearly identical in size to a traditional 5.56-caliber modern sporting rifle.
- Chambered in 7.62 NATO / .308 Win., the SFAR combines the ballistic advantages of .308 Winchester with the size of a traditional MSR.
- Bolt and barrel extensions are CNC-machined from high-strength super alloy steel that outperforms traditional C158 bolts. Tapered lug geometry further strengthens the breech to support larger short-action cartridges.
- The bolt carrier assembly features a chrome-lined 8620 steel bolt carrier and nitride-processed gas key staked in place. The titanium firing pin has been DLC-coated for long service life. The bolt includes dual ejectors and an optimized extractor to ensure positive extraction and ejection of the spent case through the enlarged ejection port.
4140 chrome-moly steel barrel is cold hammer-forged with ultra-precise 5R rifling. The heavy profile barrel balances nicely and its attractive, black nitride finish helps ensure exceptional accuracy, longevity, and easy cleaning.
- Ruger® 2-port Boomer muzzle brake has large perpendicular surfaces to redirect gas and reduce felt recoil. 5/8″-24 muzzle threads on the barrel remain compatible with other brakes, flash hiders, and suppressors.
- 15″ Lite aluminum handguard is free-floated for accuracy and features Magpul® M-LOK® accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions. The top rail has been docked in the center for improved grip access and reduced weight while maintaining Picatinny rail sections at the front and rear. Sockets for Quick Disconnect (QD) sling swivels located at the muzzle end of the handguard allows for comfortable carry with a two-point sling.
- The mid-length gas system features a 0.750″ 4-position rotary-regulator gas block to achieve ideal function across the wide range of ammunition available in the marketplace today. The included, on-board 3/16″ ball-end wrench makes for easy regulator adjustment.
Equipped with a Ruger Elite 452® trigger that delivers a smooth, crisp 4.5-pound 2-stage trigger pull. A full-strength hammer spring and lightweight hammer ensure fast lock times and consistent primer ignition.
- Made from a 7075-T6 hard-coat anodized aluminum forging, the upper receiver is complete with brass deflector, forward assist, and full-length Picatinny rail. The lower receiver features a generous flare on the magazine well for easy magazine insertion.
- Venting holes in the upper receiver, barrel extension, and bolt carrier ensure that excess gas is directed safely away from the user.
- The Magpul MOE SL® stock and MOE® grip provide positive control and ergonomics. The receiver end plate includes an additional socket for a QD sling swivel pocket and fills the offset space at the rear of the receiver.
- Compatible with mil-spec MSR trigger groups, receiver end plates, charging handles, pistol grips, and adjustable stocks.
- Comes with one, 20-round Magpul PMAG® magazine and is compatible with SR25®/AR-10®-pattern .308 Win/7.62 NATO magazines.
Handguard: Lite Free-Float with M-LOK® Attachment Slots
Sights: Optics Ready
Barrel Length: 16.10″
Thread Pattern: 5/8″-24
Grip: Magpul® MOE®
Finish: Type III Hard-Coat Anodized
Weight: 6.8 lb.
Twist: 1:10″ RH
Overall Length: 34″ – 37.25″
Length of Pull: 11″ – 14.25″