The Superlative Arms Patented “Bleed Off”, direct impingement, gas block for the AR-15/AR-10/LR-308 platform adjusts the gas flow by bleeding the gas out of the front of the block instead of restricting the flow like conventional adjustable blocks. Results:
- The pressure used in the block is reduced only to the amount required to drive the bolt carrier. The remaining gas / pressure are bled out of the block allowing the system to run much cleaner and cooler.
- Reduction of felt recoil.
- Patented adjustment detent is located outside of the block and therefore no contamination.
- The gas adjustment screw does not restrict the gas flow; therefore there is no erosion or seizing of the screw / no loss of detent due to carbon build up. Although it is removable, we have added a safety mechanism, which stops you from unintentionally backing the screw all the way out.
- When using SBR’s and / or suppressors the bleed off port allows the excessive pressure to be exhausted out of the block reducing blow back.
- Gas Block Material: 416 SS
- Finish: Melonite, QPQ
- Barrel Diameter: 0.750″, 0.625″, 0.875″
- Weight: 1.68 oz.. 1.37 oz., 1.80 oz.
- Length: 1.00″
- Attachment Type: Solid
- Gas Adjustment: (Patented) 30 locked positions, front of block
- Bleed Off Port: (Patented) Front of block which vents forward away from operator
- Gas Block – Assembled
- (2) 10-32 x 1/4″ Set Screws
- (1) Gas Tube Roll Pin
- (1) 3/32 x 6″ L-Shaped Hex Key, Ball-end / Torx T-15 Tool
- (1) Instructions for installation and setup